- The average person spends 33 hours a month commuting to and from office. Put this time to better use!
- According to this Gallup poll (http://bit.ly/1hoyAB9), 37% of US employees already telecommute (work from home). This trend is catching on in India, too.
- Telecommute jobs are just as important as office-based ones. Technology empowers you to work from anywhere.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Edit manuscripts written by non-native authors to ensure that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
- Meet deadlines
- Receive training to become adept at the points mentioned above
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY
- Flexibility . You can work from anywhere in India.
- You will receive training to become adept at editing.
- You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
- At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insiders view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
- Take this short practice test to get a sense of the type of questions asked: http://bit.ly/mock-mcqs
- Got most of them correct? Proceed to the actual test: bit.ly/cactuseditingnmm
- Not quite there yet? Take this free self-paced course on the basics of language and editing: bit.ly/cactuseditingbasics
For any questions and concerns, email Enid Mendonca at email@example.com.
Required Candidate profile
- A degree (bachelors, masters, PhD, etc.) in Medicine or Life Sciences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:MBBS - Medicine, BVSC - Veterinary Science, B.Pharma - Pharmacy, B.Sc - Bio-Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, BDS - Dentistry
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) - Botany, Zoology, Bio-Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, M.Tech - Environmental, Bio-Chemistry/Bio-Technology, Biomedical, M.Pharma - Pharmacy, MVSC - Veterinary Science
Doctorate:Ph.D - Pharmacy, Bio-Chemistry/Bio-Technology, Biomedical, Biotechnology
Awards and Recognition
* Cactus Communications has consistently ranked among the top 20 on the global list of the Top 100 Companies for Telecommute Jobs (Forbes.com) since 2016.
* Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Millennials by Times Ascent and Learning & Organisation Development Roundtable (2019).
* Emerged as one of the top 10 companies determined as a safe workplace for women in India in a survey conducted by Rainmaker (2019).
* Ranked #1 among India's Great Mid-Size Workplaces by Great Place to Work® Institute (2017).
CACTUS is committed to offering work opportunities regardless of race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, gender identity/expression, or sexual orientation. CACTUS provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.