American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing, and highly skilled Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise focused on delivering the next generation data engineering solutions. The team will be responsible for experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging best in class Machine Learning techniques, processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized card member experience and to drive profitable growth for the organization. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. Centric to it is Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies to deliver innovative solutions across multiple business units.
Contributes to design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying, and documenting software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
- Contributes to design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying, and documenting software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
- Function as an active member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing.
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Develop and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments.
- Automate deployments in test or production environments.
- Defines test conditions based on the requirements and specifications provided. Takes part in reviews of own work and handles work efficiently.
Skills & Qualifications: Must Have:
- 6 to 8 years of work experience in software design and implementation using Java.
- 3+ Experience in Java, Spring/Spring boot
- Hands on experience of Core Java concepts including Collection, multithreading, Java 8 features.
- Hands on experience in building REST APIs
- Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Good to Have:
- Hands on experience of Kafka
- Experience in Microservice
- Experience in working distributed applications like Spark, Flink
- Able to demonstrate good web fundamentals & knowledge of DOM
- Experience writing adaptive and responsive UI applications.
- Experience with TDD, BDD and unit testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment and their frameworks
- Working in an Agile or SAFe development environment is a plus
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Role:Back End Developer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional AreaEngineering - Software & QA
Role CategorySoftware Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization,B.Sc in Any Specialization
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Contact Company:AMERICAN EXPRESS