Engineering Manager- Backend
As an Engineering Manager, you will interact with the entire engineering team to solve problems and build, extend, optimize and refactor the back-end architecture of our growing product. This will involve working on our existing codebase along with new projects. Airtel Xlabs has a highly passionate engineering-driven environment where your contribution will be felt immediately. All teams at Xlabs are involved in every part of our development life cycle.
Out of many tools and technologies, we use Java, MongoDb, Cassandra, Redis, Twem, Netty
extensively for our back-end development.
• Leading the entire Backend platform for a product portfolio
• End to end delivery new features.
• Evolving the architecture for performance and scalability.
• Design, develop and own components of a highly scalable, distributed web services platform.
• Constantly strive to improve software development process and team productivity.
• Mentor and train team members
• Lead module development independently
Required background, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• 10+ years of experience in a scalable product/ecommerce organization•
• Excellent Java skills, Understanding of Spring framework & MVC approach
• Strong knowledge of Performance optimization and caching techniques.
• Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure and algorithms
• Experience in developing scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed backend services
• Experience with prevalent design patterns and advanced system designing
• Good experiences with databases and Schema design. We heavily use NoSQL databases
• Strong Problem Solving skills
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Programming & Design
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
Bharti Airtel Limited
Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel had over 331 million customers across its operations at the end of June 2015. To know more please visit, www.airtel.com
Contact Company:Bharti Airtel Limited
Address:Plot No. 16,UG,Bharti Airtel Limited,Udhyog Vihar,, Phase-4,Gurgaon, , GURGAON, Haryana, India