Technical Competencies (Experience and Knowledge)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience administrating Storage technologies which include subsets like EMC Recover Point, VNX, NetApp Cluster-Mode, Hitachi Arrays, Brocade/CISCO SAN Switches,
- Minimum 5+ Years’ Experience in handling of critical issues/outages
- Must Exhibit 3 years' experience in Install, upgrade SAN switches and Arrays. Must Exhibit 3 years' experience in Install, upgrade SAN switches and Arrays.
- Strong problem isolation and resolutions skills required
- Worked as Storage Administrator for Large Complex/hybrid environments.
- Mid-Level knowledge of RAID, SCSI, SAN, NAS and iSCSI.
- BASH, Perl and/or Python scripting is a definite plus
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework and its best practices in Capacity Management, Incident Management, Change Management etc.
- Storage Administrator for Large Complex/hybrid environments
- Industry recognized certification in storage area is a plus
- Knowledge of common operating systems (RHEL, Server 2008/2012, ESXi 5.5/6.0) is a plus
- Proven debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills, with demonstrated ability to determine root cause to performance shortfalls and implement corrective actions
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide Technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance.
- Provide Top Level Operational Support including after-hours on call Support.
- Problem analysis for the critical, complex and reoccurring Issues.
- Implement, Manage and maintain Storage Infrastructure to provide highly available, reliable, scalable, fully optimized solution.
- Collaborate with Storage Engineering and other cross-functional teams within the organization to shape the future roadmap of Storage Offerings.
- Handle the issues related to Problem, Capacity in Storage and Change Management
- DR Test planning and execution.
- Maintain knowledge of multiple technologies in Sungard AS shared environments as well as customer-dedicated environments.
- Responsible to implement High Availability, Workload Management and Fail-Over, Disaster recovery
- Perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters
- Work closely with peers worldwide by taking part in periodic meetings and sharing knowledge.
- Adherence to all SunGard AS’ processes and procedures.
- Perform after-hours support in an on-call rotation as needed
- Effective Vendor Engagement
- Provide clear technical documentation and written ISO procedures to ensure SunGard support team members can assist in all phases of management across different device types.
Professional/Expert Level Certifications (NetApp, EMC Unity, VNX 2, EMC Recover Point, IBM Storage, HP 3Par, Hitachi Storage, FC Switching Brocade, Cisco)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role:Technical Support Engineer
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:Graduation Not Required
SUNGARD AVAILABILITY SERVICES (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED
Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) is an industry-recognized leader in delivering resilient and recoverable production environments for global enterprises through managed IT, cloud and recovery services.
Our diverse, global team of “Sungardians” are passionate about applying their insight and deep expertise in production and recovery to Lead with Resilience. We work to understand our customers’ business goals, tailor services that align with their desired business outcomes, and deliver the right environments for managing their critical IT systems. Every Sungard AS employee makes a meaningful contribution to delivering on our mission to transform IT for resilient business. We want to add outstanding talent to our team. If you want to become an integral part of a collaborative organization that offers industry-leading benefits and a commitment to employee advancement, we’d be excited to speak with you!
Contact Company:SUNGARD AVAILABILITY SERVICES (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED
Address :2, Wing 4 Cluster D, MIDC Kharadi Knowledge Park,, PUNE, Maharashtra, India