As a key DBA:
- youll be focused on day-to-day production operational tasks, database administration and automation of database services & solutions
- youll primarily be working with Mongodb and PostgreSQL database administration
- youll drive & support automation and compliance efforts of database solutions & associated technologies
- youll support BCP & DR activities of database technologies including database backups/recovery/restoration
- you’ll Work with product teams and make recommendations on SQL & NOSQL engineering
- You’ll take part in Severities and provide active support in outages
- You’ll be developing Triggers/Stored Procedures, PostgreSQL Index Management, Partitioning and System Catalogs
- You’ll support Staging, testing and development of database
- You’ll do documentation of schema
- you'll evaluate new database, technologies and products and recommend to technical management
- you'll remain calm under pressure with demanding, dynamic, fast paced agile Operations and with shifting priorities
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Query Optimizations and Performance tuning
- Experience working with operating systems using Windows and Linux
- Expert Experience in Backup & Recovery including Pg dump, setting up WAL archiving, Point in time recovery.
- Knowledge on PGAdmin and other PostgreSQL tools and utilities.
- Knowledge on High Availability, streaming replication, Replication Failover, repmgr, barman, pgbouncer and pg_pathman.
- Experience in monitoring Alert Log, scheduled jobs and troubleshooting database problems.
- Hands on maintenance activities such as vacuum, vacuum full, analyse the database.
- Understanding of basic database fundamentals: multi-version control, concurrency, transactions, indexing, locking.
- Expert with setting and trouble shoot replication issues.
- Eagerness to learn and explore on secondary databases like Casandra, Oracle
- Experience working with performance analysis & tuning of database applications or other similar OLTP/OLAP applications
- Working knowledge with automation & scripting using Bash/Shell
- Adept at working with engineering teams on database best practices
- Good understanding of Compliance & Governance, Change Control, Security and Security practices
If you know about the following is a plus
- Basic Python Scripting
- Basic Knowledge of monitoring technologies including Prometheus with Kibana/Grafana
Role:Database Architect / Designer
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Telecom / ISP
Functional Area:Engineering - Software
Role Category:DBA / Data warehousing
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Bharti Airtel Limited
Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel had over 331 million customers across its operations at the end of June 2015. To know more please visit, www.airtel.com
Contact Company:Bharti Airtel Limited
Address:Plot No. 16,UG,Bharti Airtel Limited,Udhyog Vihar,, Phase-4,Gurgaon, GURGAON, Haryana, India