About the Role : The job requires execution of tax policies and planning initiatives and optimize the tax burden thereby increasing profitability; negotiating the best tax clause with partners, Handling of tax Audits, Assessment/ Reopening of assessment, tax policies and planning initiatives, Litigation and compliances (tax audit, income tax return along with computation) for Airtel, Hexacom, Nxtra, BASL, AMSL, ABSPL, Telemedia and other group companies.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Ensuring that the compliances such as tax audit compilation, income tax computation, income tax return of Airtel and its subsidiaries are filed well in time. The stands taken for various special items in the computation of income/ return should be based on thorough research, latest notification and case laws.
- Efficiently work on various taxation law amendments so as to evaluate its impact on Airtel and its subsidiaries. Also, work on various management notes pertaining to taxation laws.
- Representing the company before Income Tax Authorities in various income tax related matters.
- Advising business on income tax provisions for both domestic and international tax.
- Providing tax advice on agreements entered into with the customers and Vendors and ensure implementation of the same.
- Negotiating with the customer/vendors to ensure closure of the terms of the tax clause in the agreement and ensure implementation of the same by working closely with accounting and tax process teams
- Work with business and cross functional teams to identify opportunity for tax optimization to maximize the tax benefits.
- Identifying risk associated with the planning and mitigate the same by effective execution.
- Handling Litigation by building arguments as per recent judgment which can be taken to strength the case.
- Ensuring that all the facts captured in the submissions are correct and the counsel is fully on top of the same through regular briefing
- Handling of notices issued under different sections seeking information from company due to return filing issues, TDS and responding to tax authorities.
- Setting up robust processes and documentation to ensure that no demands are raised due to incorrect filing of returns.
- Expat Taxation- Working with advisors and consultants to finalize tax position and monitoring the compliances
Desired Candidate Profile
- Direct Tax knowledge
- Should be well averse with various treaties and tax laws
- Positive approach
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Results orientation
- Good Microsoft Office Skills
- Analytical and Problem solving
- Excellent Interpersonal and Networking Skills
- Communication Skills
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Telecom / ISP
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
PG:CA in Any Specialization
Bharti Airtel Limited
Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 3 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce, fixed line services, high speed DSL broadband, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services and mobile commerce. Bharti Airtel had over 331 million customers across its operations at the end of June 2015. To know more please visit, www.airtel.com
Contact Company:Bharti Airtel Limited
Address:Plot No. 16,UG,Bharti Airtel Limited,Udhyog Vihar,, Phase-4,Gurgaon, GURGAON, Haryana, India