Experienced mechanical engineer
We are looking for Lead engineer (+20 years) with experience with in:
- Rotating equipment
- Static pressure equipment
- Material and corrosion
- Brittle Fracture
- Heat Treatment
- Vibration and fatigue analysis
The experience shall be theoretical high level supported with an operation support experience within damage mechanisms identification, flaws assessment and Fitness For Service (FFS) evaluation. All types of Corrosion, Fatigue, and Crack-like Flaws Assessment competences are preferred. In addition, lifetime assessment on existing equipment will be an advantage.
Competence and working skills with the following International Codes & Standards:
- ASME BPVC VIII-1
- ASME BPVC VIII-2 Part 4 (Design by Rules) and Part 5 (Design by Analysis)
- BS PD5500
- API 579-1 / ASME FFS-1 Fitness for Service
- API RP / Standards related to Damage Mechanisms and Inspection, such as RP 570, 571, 572, 574, 577, 580, 581, 583, STD 598 – not mandatory, but would be an advantage
- BS 7910 (Guide to methods for assessing the acceptability of flaws in metallic structures) – not mandatory, but would be an advantage
- Energy Institute Guidelines – not mandatory, but would be an advantage
Required calculation/software skills:
- Caesar II (piping stress analysis) – not mandatory, but would be an advantage
- PV Elite and/or Visual Vessel Design (Pressure Vessel Analysis - modelling, analysis run and results interpretation required)
- FE Pipe / Nozzle Pro (Finite Element Analysis – modelling, analysis run and results interpretation required)
- Mathcad (good proficiency required)
- Codeware Inspect (FFS assessment) - not mandatory, but would be an advantage
- MS Excel, MS Word (good proficiency required)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) minimum, master’s degree / specialization is also fine.
- Should be able to converse well in English.
- Should be able to work as part of a global team and a good team player.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area: Engineering Design
Role Category: Engineering Design
Role: Technical Lead/Project Lead
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent