Skill required: Insurance - Actuary
Job Location: Bengaluru
Qualifications: Bachelor s in actuarial science
Years of Experience: 13-18 years
What would you do?
You will be aligned to our Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, and Capital Market vertical which is focused on helping clients with their operations & investment portfolios.
The Insurance team helps clients and organizations transform their insurance operations into a digital, cost-efficient, agile operating model that helps drive sustainable growth and redefine customer experience. This team provides expertise in the areas of employee benefits, life and annuity, property and casualty and retirement services.
In this role, you will be working on Actuarial and help advise insurance agencies on how to compile and analyze statistics and use them to calculate insurance risks and premiums. You will support pricing analyses, performance monitoring for Insurance clients, assist in analyzing the profitability of business segments within the lines of business assigned. You will also need to identify pockets of profitable growth opportunities, monitor rate, exposure, retention, and lost business changes, monitor loss trends and relevant industry/regulatory changes, and effectively communicate to the management. You will need to conduct research, experience studies, and other more complex actuarial analysis; develop, review, and analyze changes and improvements to actuarial procedures, optimize processes to meet business needs. The role may also require you to communicate with underwriters, finance, claims, compliance, and legal departments.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role you are required to identify and assess complex problems for area of responsibility
- You will need to create solutions in situations which requires an in-depth analysis/evaluation of variable factors
- This will require alignment to strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near-term goals
- Your primary interaction will be with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture, involving matters that may require acceptance of an alternate approach
- Some latitude in decision-making is involved, you will act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- You will need to flag risks to clients and Accenture stakeholders and propose action plans where needed
- You will need to have an innovative mindset to identify improvement opportunities to optimize processes, decrease costs and increase client value
- Decisions that you make in this role will have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility
- You will be managing medium - large sized teams and/or work efforts at a client or within Accenture
- You would require transformation mindset and eye for identifying automation/process improvement opportunities.