Skill required: Lending Operations - Underwriting
Job Location: Chennai
Qualifications: Any Graduation
Years of Experience: 13-18 years
What would you do?
You will be aligned to our Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, and Capital Market vertical which is focused on helping clients with their operations & investment portfolios.
You will be working as a part of the Lending Operations team which prepares retail credit proposals, conducts pre-analysis, do dupe checks, data entry, customer point verifications (CPV), and review income documents in line with the client credit policy, procedures, and turnaround times.
The Underwriting team focuses on raising investment capital from investors on behalf of corporations and governments that are issuing either equity or debt securities. The role requires a good understanding of credit analysis, creditworthiness, credit underwriting, credit appraisal memo, commercial lending, financial analysis, asset evaluation, and income calculation. The role may also need expertise around residential underwriting, mortgage underwriting, government-sponsored loans, and pre-purchase review.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish strong client relationship
- Results orientation
- Strong analytical skills
- Thought leadership
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role you are required to identify and assess complex problems for area of responsibility
- You will need to create solutions in situations which requires an in-depth analysis/evaluation of variable factors
- This will require alignment to strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near-term goals
- Your primary interaction will be with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture, involving matters that may require acceptance of an alternate approach
- Some latitude in decision-making is involved, you will act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- You will need to flag risks to clients and Accenture stakeholders and propose action plans where needed
- You will need to have an innovative mindset to identify improvement opportunities to optimize processes, decrease costs and increase client value
- Decisions that you make in this role will have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility
- You will be managing medium - large sized teams and/or work efforts at a client or within Accenture
- You would require transformation mindset and eye for identifying automation/process improvement opportunities.