Skill required: Procurement Management (GPO) - Procurement Support
Job Location: Bengaluru
Qualifications: Any Graduation/Master of Business Administration
Years of Experience: 13-18 years
What would you do?
You will be aligned with our Procurement vertical and help us in the process of finding and agreeing to terms, and acquiring goods, services, or works from an external source, often via a tendering or competitive bidding process. Procurement is used to ensure the buyer receives goods, services, or works at the best possible price when aspects such as quality, quantity, time, and location are compared.
You will be aligned with our Procurement vertical in a Global Process Owner (GPO) role and would be assigned to oversee the P2P processes of one or multiple clients. In this role, you would work with the business or client stakeholders to design and deploy the end-to-end P2P processes, focused on performance, standardization, and have global enforcement. You will be expected to help the clients identify and monitor business metrics, benchmark them to global industry standards, leverage best-in-class technology platforms to improve process performance, and most importantly, help implement an operating model which suits the client s needs and organizational setup. As part of the leadership role, you are expected to manage stakeholders (both internal and external), focus on people development, and work with clients to add value to the existing operations.
The Procurement Support team focuses on analyzing and designing the best practices for tactical and transactional procurement processes. The team is responsible for planning the implementation based on a detailed understanding of the technologies involved. The role may require for you to provide ongoing maintenance of suppliers, create catalogue content and maintain user authorization data. The team also utilizes procurement applications to provide efficient and effective transactions and maximize compliance.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Procurement Management
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Risk management
- Thought leadership
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role you are required to identify and assess complex problems for area of responsibility
- You will need to create solutions in situations which requires an in-depth analysis/evaluation of variable factors
- This will require alignment to strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near-term goals
- Your primary interaction will be with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture, involving matters that may require acceptance of an alternate approach
- Some latitude in decision-making is involved, you will act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- You will need to flag risks to clients and Accenture stakeholders and propose action plans where needed
- You will need to have an innovative mindset to identify improvement opportunities to optimize processes, decrease costs and increase client value
- Decisions that you make in this role will have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility
- You will be managing medium - large sized teams and/or work efforts at a client or within Accenture
- You would require transformation mindset and eye for identifying automation/process improvement opportunities.