- Join a diverse and inclusive work culture
Our differences make us unique and stronger. Every day, you will work with colleagues from different cultures. You will be challenged to see things in a new way and you will experience why differences are a strength. We actively support diversity and inclusion. And we work for equality, ensuring we all have an equal opportunity to make the most of our talents.
You will join a team where the working environment is trusting and very collaborative, encouraging knowledge sharing and mutual learning. We expects our new colleague to live up to these values.
We know you have a life outside of work which is why we offer a range of benefits that allow you to plan your life accordingly. We therefore endeavor to promote a lifestyle that meets your individual needs while also enabling you to be fully engaged at work
Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Regional Payroll Lead
Location: Chennai / India
- Key Working Relationships
- Wider HR relationships People Operation, Recruitment, HRBP, HRSS, ER
- Wider functional relationships Finance, Admin, Legal, Communication, IT, etc.
- Multiple external vendors.
- Direct Reports:
Nil - This is an Individual Contributor Role
Are you a payroll specialist with +5 years of experience within international payroll handling? Do you value precision, optimization, and good service? Would you like to make a career in a large international company with good colleagues and opportunities to develop? Then you must read this.
The Payroll specialist is responsible coordinating and carrying out payroll & statutory compliance through working with our external service providers systems.
In this position, you will also play a valuable role in the development of a centralized and digitalized global payroll function. For this, it is important that you find motivation in writing and to some extent develop processes cross country wide. Proven skills within this are an advance.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing
- Provide technical knowledge on a range of payroll matters ensuring that the payroll service is maintained, and a high service level to all employees are met
- Payroll controlling, proof calculating and getting constructive feedback to team and outsourcing vendors
- Process payroll information using our Global HR System (Workday)
- Ensure timely payments and that all statutory and agreed components (Social Insurance, Tax, overtime, pension, Bonus, Pension etc.) in each country are compiled
- Contribute with own knowledge and experience to the development of processes
- Ensuring that internal and external audit requirements are documented
- Providing advice and support to our internal and external stakeholders regarding payroll processes.
- Education and Experience
- Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance, or any other related field
- +5 years of wide-ranging experience within multi-national organization
- Knowledge, Skill, and Capabilities
- Strong attention to details
- Payroll experience from countries in Asia or Europe (China exp is an advantage).
- Possesses a robustness in terms of co-ordinate, prioritization and making the right decisions in urgent complex matters
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral and written
- Confident and frequent user of 2 or more payroll systems, MS365 products as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of engage and communicating with individuals at all levels, from various backgrounds and different cultures
- Ability and interest in updating own and the team’s knowledge on payroll and payroll related news
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information appropriately
- ADP Celergo and Workday experience is an advantage (but not a mandatory)
- What we offer
- Competitive benefit package including Health Insurance, Personal Accident / Disability, Group Term Life Insurance, Annual health check-up, and voluntary insurance options
- Time to recharge through 30 days PTO (with up to 10 days carry forward as Earned Leave stock)
- Work-life balance with a flexible work schedule so you can focus on professional and personal priorities
- Financial support for continuing education
- Employee Assistance Program
- A global network of supportive colleagues and growth opportunities
- We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply - the more diverse our employees are, the stronger our team is.
- As an equal opportunity employer, FLSmidth embraces diversity and equality by promoting an environment of inclusion. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply - the more diverse our employees are, the stronger our team is. In our commitment to equal opportunity and eliminating bias, we kindly request that you exclude personal information such as age, ethnicity, marital status, number of children, and photographs from your application materials
- FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining industries – for more information please visit FLSmidth.com/careers
Role:HR Operations - Other
Salary: 7-12 Lacs P.A.
Industry:Engineering & Construction
Functional AreaHuman Resources
Role CategoryHR Operations
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.B.A/ B.M.S in Management
PG:MBA/PGDM in Finance, HR/Industrial Relations
FLSmidth Private Limited
FLSmidth is a full flowsheet technology and service supplier to the global mining and cement industries. We help our customers to improve performance, lower operating costs and reduce environmental impact. With our MissionZero programme, we have set a target of providing solutions for zero-emissions mining and zero-emissions cement production by 2030, supporting a green transition built upon sustainable materials. Our operations span the globe and we are close to 11,000 employees, present in more than 60 countries.
Contact Company:FLSmidth Private Limited
Address:FLSmidth House,34,Egatoor Kelambakkam (Old, Mahabalipuram Road), Chennai, Tamilnadu, India