To support our continued growth in the global market for Cloud Services we seek a senior technology consultant to drive our continued growth in Cloud Consulting.
The Cloud Consultant/Strategist is an HCL technical leader supporting strategic technical consultancy to the world’s largest and most sophisticated enterprises.
A thought leader, the Cloud Consultant works with the Principal Cloud Consultant and engages with business and technology executives to formulate cloud strategies that support digital transformation and the creation of complex hybrid Enterprise IT and Cloud Native environments.
Acting as a Technical Leader, the Cloud Consultant works with the Principal Cloud Consultant in leveraging the rich selection of HCL cloud offerings to deliver a complete unified transformation journey for our clients.
This critical role helps establish and sustain the relationship between HCL and our clients and supports the Principal Consultant in driving customer’s complete cloud journey. Encompassing strategic advice, architecture, roadmap creation, assessment, migration, process transformation, cloud native development and the operation of hybrid IT estates; this role represents a rare opportunity for a technical leader to join an executive team in helping transform many of the world’s largest organizations.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Understands the client’s business and technology strategies, helps formulate a cloud strategy that will achieve the client’s desired outcomes.
- Supports the Principal Cloud Consultant to build a strategic vision, describing a cloud journey that brings real business value to the client.
- Architect and design of complex IT and Digital environments, making a vision real and describing an implementable next-generation landscape that would include migrated, modernized and new cloud native solutions.
- Providing recommendations & guidance for a client’s technology approach across the IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Digital Platform and Cloud Native landscape. Incorporating:
- Architecture and Design of multi-cloud infrastructure, digital platform, SaaS and Cloud Native environments
- Cloud Native technology recommendations
- Assessment and recommendation of SaaS services
- Creation of technology roadmaps
- Application readiness assessments
- Migration & Modernization
- Business Process transformation
- Strategic and tactical planning skills, delivering complex and profitable engagements
- Supports Orchestration of individual HCL Cloud offering teams to come together to deliver a rich value stream to the client, leading them through complex transformational journeys.
- Engages with multiple existing and new HCL accounts
- Supports the Principal Cloud Consultant, in delivering complete engagements, orchestrating disparate offering teams to deliver a rich set of cloud adoption and operation services that come together to deliver an entire engagement
- Responsible for profitable completion of successful client engagements
- Supports Principal Consultant in client-level strategy and envisioning sessions
- Supports functionally aligned project team consisting of Technical and Solution Architects, together with Cloud Technology Specialists covering domains such as assessment, migration, cloud native development, security, automation and next generation IT operating models.
- Assists in the development of the technical community. Shares knowledge and technical expertise.
- Responsible for the creation and curation of Cloud Reference architectures, blueprints and other reusable assets.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- First level University degree
- Typically 7+ years’ experience working in Technology and Solution architecture
- Certified as an architect (or DevOps specialist) in one or more Public Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, IBM Bluemix or Google Cloud Platform)
- Has played the role of Consultant / Lead Architect / in complex cloud environments
- Demonstrable, deep and in-depth knowledge & understanding in atleast one of the following vertical
Domains: Financial, RCPG, Manufacturing, High Tech, Healthcare & LifeSciences
- 3+ years of quality Software Development Lifecycle experience in the vertical domain will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong Consulting skills supported by technical depth and credibility.
- Effective communicator with client-facing skills
- Effectively collaborates, builds relationships and influences team members to work toward common objectives across functions and groups.
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
- Demonstrates strong, consistent business acumen and general leadership abilities including accountability
- Recognized and highly credible technical leader with current architectural and technical skills across domains including:
- Traditional infrastructure and application technologies
- Public, Private cloud and Hybrid IT environments
- Popular application middleware stacks
- PaaS (e.g. Cloud Foundry, Azure, OpenShift, IBM Bluemix)
- IaaS (AWS, Azure, IBM SoftLayer, Google Cloud Platform)
- SaaS, XaaS and Cloud Brokerage
- Cloud Native development and architecture
- DevOps & Agile
- Keeps themselves updated on latest technology trends and forms opinion on the same.
Desired Candidate Profile
Perks and Benefits