Roles and Responsibilities
We’re a leading independent investment management firm seeking a globally minded Product Owner to take the helm in guiding development and innovation with our Digital Wealth team in Hyderabad. In this role you will be working with investment advisors, sales team, architects, developers, and other business partners around the world to envision the products and services to guide the Invesco Technology program.
We’re seeking an upbeat, innovative personality with a collaborative approach and great social skills. Some unafraid to reach across functional areas within Technology and our business partners to break down silos, build bridges, and ultimately affect ground-breaking and cultural growth.
As a financial services company, data is our mainstay. Seriously, we deal in numbers and data all day, every day, but in this position, you won’t be crunching regular ol’ market data; you will try to combine financial data with AI models and emerging tech to create something new and exciting in the FinTech world.
Candidates applying to the Product Owner position would enjoy diversity of thought and pursuit of excellence. The incumbent in the role, is encouraged to be proficient and conversant in standard methodologies for existing technology and have knowledge of emerging technology as well be informed in the world of financial services. You are encouraged to be passionate about speed, quality, automation, and continuous delivery. We’re actively cultivating a culture of innovation and excellence, and while not for everyone, this environment will be challenging and rewarding for the right individuals who welcome dynamism and solving complex problems. Our team is sensitive to an ever-evolving technological landscape where thirst for knowledge and learning is required, and the mastery of new skills and standard methodologies is critical.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Product Owner will implement product vision and product development with a clear focus on
customer and end-user needs
- Responsible for innovation and end-to-end launch of products.
- Collaborates with global commercial services partners and customers to co-develop a roadmap And drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment.
- Works with cross-functional teams and various partners, including analytics, design/user Experience, engineering, and user enablement.
- Turns data insights into products with impactful outcomes to the ultimate customer.
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, Outlines achievements and outcomes, and finds opportunities and risks.
- Partners with customers across the organization to inform the product vision, Strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Measure and Monitor on progress of the product development and highlight issues impacting delivery
- Develops, owns, and executes product roadmap.
- Ability to define and measure product success metrics
- Works with user-focused teams to steer the self-service user experience, support, and supervising for customers.
- Partners with sales departments to define the user experience for internal GCS users, including support and monitoring.
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, User stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of partners.
- Leads the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology.
- Defines and executes go-to-market plan, working to ensure that product management, marketing, technology and sales have what they need to be successful.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
Skills / other personal attributes required:
- Drives efforts to completion setting and managing personal goals. Proactively seeks out opportunities to ensure successful outcomes.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity (e.g. imperfect data, loosely defined concepts, ideas, or goals) and translating these into more tangible outputs
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience in writing user stories and owned the product backlog
- Self-motivated. Capable of working with little or no supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoy challenging and thought-provoking work and have a strong desire to learn and progress
- Ability to lead multiple tasks and requests
- Must demonstrate a positive, team-focused attitude
- Ability to react positively under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good inter-personal skills combined with willingness to listen
- Structured, disciplined approach to work, with attention to detail
- Flexible – able to meet changing requirements and priorities
- Maintenance of up-to-date knowledge in the appropriate technical areas
- Able to work in a global, multicultural environment
- Have very good understanding of Equities, Fixed Incomes and Derivatives products
- Have end-to-end Business knowledge of Investment Management / Asset Management domain
- Any graduate from a credible educational institution preferred
- CSPO certification preferred
Hours may include evenings and/or weekends and may include 24 hour a day on call support by pager and/or cell phone
Able and willing to travel both domestically and internationally. Frequency and duration to be determined by manager. Estimate: 10-15%