Skill required: Catastrophe Underwriting - Catastrophe Underwriting Research
Designation: Management Level - Senior Analyst
Job Location: Bengaluru
Qualifications: Bachelor s in actuarial science,Master s in actuarial science,Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (UK),Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI),Casualty Actuarial Society (USA)
Years of Experience: 5-8 years
What would you do?
You will be aligned to our Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, and Capital Market vertical which is focused on helping clients with their operations & investment portfolios.
This team is responsible for providing insurance account data entry, enhancement, coding, and modeling support to underwriting and regional catastrophe teams globally. They help in processing submission data files within stipulated time frames by entering them into account modeling systems, translating, coding to model recognizable format(s), assessing, correcting location addresses and geocoding using Google. The team helps in modeling one or more different policy structures per account, and multiple options as requested by the underwriter. Modeling accounts to estimate catastrophe losses from all perils using multiple catastrophe models and provide catastrophe modeling results to support the pricing and underwriting process.
You will be working as a part of a dynamic research and development team comprising people with diverse backgrounds, such as natural hazards, atmospheric sciences, engineering, flood modeling, etc. This position will be responsible for conducting research and developing cutting-edge underwriting and portfolio management solutions for risk assessment from atmosphere/weather-related perils - tropical and extra-tropical cyclones, tornado/hail, winter storms, and wildfire, etc. You will be working on catastrophe risk models to perform in-depth validation of hazard and vulnerability components of tropical/extra-tropical cyclones, tornado/hail, winter storms, wildfire catastrophe models from RMS and AIR. You would be responsible for developing, tuning, and updating internal natural hazard-related datasets/models and risk management tools and interact with internal and external stakeholders to communicate the established view of risk.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Detail orientation
- Results orientation
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role, you need to analyze and solve increasingly complex problems
- Your day to day interactions is with peers within Accenture
- You are likely to have some interaction with clients and/or Accenture management
- You will be given minimal instruction on daily work/tasks and a moderate level of instructions on new assignments
- You will need to consistently seek and provide meaningful and actionable feedback in all interactions
- You will be expected to be constantly on the lookout for ways to enhance value for your respective stakeholders/clients
- Decisions that are made by you will impact your work and may impact the work of others
- You would be an individual contributor and/or oversee a small work effort and/or team.