Skill required: Investment Banking - Corporate Action Operations
Designation: Management Level - Senior Analyst
Job Location: Chennai
Qualifications: BBA/Any Graduation/Master of Business Administration/Master of Financial Management/BMM
Years of Experience: 5-8 years
What would you do?
You will be aligned to our Financial Services, banking and capital market vertical which is focused on helping clients with their tax preparations, insurance coverage and investment portfolios.
You will be working as a part of Investment Banking team which specializes primarily in selling securities and underwriting the issuance of new equity shares to raise capital funds. They act as intermediaries between security issuers and investors and help new firms to go public.
The Corporate Action Operations team focuses on handling claim validation and processing of payments to clients on a global perspective and reviewing corporate action events using database systems. The team is responsible for dealing with debt security issues in the US market, finding discrepancies between custody and accounting records, analyzing asset servicing and managing corporate action events like notification, data capturing, validation, and processing of mandatory corporate action events announced in the market. The team is also responsible for handling end to end processing of fixed income products like dividends, bonds, funds, and validation events.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Ability to establish strong client relationship
- Agility for quick learning
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to handle disputes
- Ability to meet deadlines
It would be a value add if you are proficient in:
- Account Reconciliation
- Accounts Payable Processing
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Cash Application Processing
- Cash Reconciliation
Roles and Responsibilities
As a team lead you will be expected to:
- Understand and effectively manage the team's governance and performance
- Understand the level of risk & propose mitigation plans and partner with other support teams to resolve requests/issues in a timely manner
- Clearly communicate team goals and deliverables and keep the team updated on changes
- Coach team members and provide the first level advice on procedures/methods
- Solve increasingly complex problems & effectively delegate to develop and groom team members for succession planning
- Maintain client relationships interface through regular connects and emails
- Understand client priorities and problems & help translate actions for the team
- Use innovation to identify opportunities to optimize processes, decrease costs and increase client value
- Use data analytics and story-telling techniques to enhance the client journey
Please note this role may require you to work in rotational shifts.