Springer Nature is one of the world's leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The hunt is for a strong Java Developer and team player with the ability to manage effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders (customers & team members alike) based out of Magarpatta, Pune. Incumbent will demonstrate personal commitment and accountability to ensure standards are continuously sustained and improved both within the internal teams, and with partner organizations and suppliers
Role: Java Developer
Experience: 3 to 5 + Years
Location: Magarpatta, Pune.
Early / Immediate joiners preferred.
Programming Skills: Java, Python (Big Plus)
Java Technologies: Core Java, Servlets, JSP, JDBC
Frameworks: Hibernate, Spring core, OSGI Bundle, Restful, Spring MVC.
Database: SQL Server.
Servers: Apache Tomcat.
IDE Tools : Eclipse, PyCharm.
What will you be doing?
- Develop the system based on business requirement and long-term technology strategy and present it to management for approval.
- Develop fully functional modules that meet all the specifications and have successfully passed all tests including unit, integration, regression and system tests
- Estimate level of effort required to develop code that meets acceptance criteria
- Coordinate with stakeholders and teams, deliver working code
- Responsible for story based design, evaluate and define frameworks, development & code review to adhere to agreed coding standards.
- Expected to contribute strongly in all agile ceremonies (planning / stand-ups) to ensure high velocity is maintained.
What we are looking for:
- Strong hands on skills of Java, Spring (MVC / Boot) , Python and related Client & Server side technologies and good understanding of end-to-end functioning of enterprise applications.
- Strong understanding of Design Principles and Strong knowledge of J2EE frameworks and Design Patterns.
- End-to-end experience of RESTFul web services & API development and relevant industry standards.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies as well as SDLC life-cycles and processes.
- Support conceptual technical solutions, evaluate & implement new technologies/tools
- Able to multi-task and prioritize a demanding and varied workload.
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred and desired work experience.
- Certifications Preferred.
In return we can offer a challenging role where the right candidate will be given the support needed to achieve their objectives, but at the same time the freedom and responsibility of independent working, and helping to evolve the development process through continuous improvement and creative solutions.