Skill required: Lending Operations - Underwriting
Designation: Team Lead/Consultant
Job Location: Chennai
Qualifications: Any Graduation
Years of Experience: 7-11 years
What would you do?
You will be aligned with our Financial Services, banking and capital market vertical and will be helping us with tax preparations, insurance coverage and investment portfolios. You may be required to resolve customer queries and provide correct and relevant information.
You will be working as a part of Lending Operations team which prepares retail credit proposals, conduct pre-analysis, de dupe checks, data entry, customer point verifications (CPV) and review income documents in line with the client credit policy, procedures and turnaround times.
The Underwriting team focuses on raising investment capital from investors on behalf of corporations and governments that are issuing either equity or debt securities. The role requires a good understanding of credit analysis, creditworthiness, credit underwriting, credit appraisal memo, commercial lending, financial analysis, asset evaluation, and income calculation. The role may also need expertise around residential underwriting, mortgage underwriting, government-sponsored loans, and pre-purchase review.
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role, you are required to do a detailed analysis and solve moderately complex problems
- As a team lead you will be expected to understand and effectively manage the team s governance and performance
- Understand the level of risk & propose mitigation plans and partner with other support teams as to resolve requests/issues in a timely manner
- Create new solutions and adapt to existing methods and procedures as required
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management and clearly communicate team goals, deliverables and keep the team updated on change
- Maintain client relationships, understand their problems & help translate actions for the team
- As an individual contributor, you will oversee small teams and/or work efforts
- You will be given minimal instruction on daily work/tasks and a moderate level of instruction on new assignments.Decisions that are made by you will impact your own work and may impact the work of others
- This role may require you to work in rotational shifts.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Adaptabile and flexibile
- Ability to solve problems
- Attention to Detail
- Active Listening
- Analytic skills
It would be a value add if you are proficient in: