Development and programming jobs are among the fastest-growing jobs out there. Which explains why more and more people are flocking towards them. Software development is a versatile field where a programmer needs to get updated with the new programming language, top online courses, technologies, and framework to stay relevant. They work with different software development technologies that deal with the application framework, computer systems design, application development, manufacturing.
Online courses are playing an essential role in moulding the career path of a developer. With these courses, one can get to know how to modify their programming skills and build a career in a developer role. We have compiled a list of top online courses that are easily accessible, and affordable for the aspiring candidates who want to start their career as a software developer.
Best technologies and tools to get hired fast
Technical skills that you have to acknowledge for getting hired as a developer in a renowned company like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, are:
- OOPs concept, algorithms, data structure, and database
- Python and necessary data science libraries like NumPy
- Command-line tools like Linux, Git, and Bash
- UI/UX skills
- Agile development
- Backend computing
- Web development languages like HTML 5 and CSS
- Data structures and algorithms
Here is a list of courses from 7 top-rated platforms that can help you build programming skills and get a developer job
Front-End Web Development with React
Getting Started With Application Development
Kotlin for Java Developers
Multiplatform Mobile App Development with Web Technologies: Ionic and Cordova
AWS Developer: Building on AWS
DevOps for Developers: How to Get Started
Project: Create an iOS app from start to finish
The Software Architect Code: Building the Digital World
Become a Blockchain Developer
Android Basics by Google
How to Make a Platformer Using libGDX
Designing RESTful APIs
Android Development with Kotlin Fundamentals
Implementing and Understanding Data Structures in Java
Java EE: Programming Servlets
Using Advanced Data Structures in Modern Applications
The Complete Android & Java Developer Course – Build 21 Apps
Android App Development Masterclass using Kotlin
Learn Flutter & Dart to Build iOS & Android Apps
The Complete Android Oreo Developer Course – Build 23 Apps!
What are some typical developer interview questions?
There are some questions that are commonly asked by the developers at the time of the job interview.
- Which programming language you are proficient at and why?
- Provide an example of software or application that you have built and what programming language was used in it.
- Showcase your Github portfolio
- What are the ways do you follow to get updated with new technologies related to development?
- What are the recent projects you are working on?
Some more tips for increasing your chances of getting hired:
- Grow your network and meet industry leaders to get an understanding of trending technologies and best practices
- Take part in programming events- build your competitive programming skills
- Attend tech meetups to interact with fellow developers
- Build a strong Github portfolio
In case you have recently completed a professional course/certification and would like to share your feedback to help other fellow marketers, submit a review of the course with us.