Do you get butterflies in your stomach when your boss asks you to prepare data analysis charts, run pivot tables, or apply conditional formatting?
Or, are you among the ones who find it a piece of cake?
It’s not unusual for a lot of us to get stuck when we have to dive into the restricted territories of Microsoft Excel- we are talking about pivot tables, macros, and scenario analysis.
Excel is an extremely versatile tool, it is used across most of the companies in almost every department.
It serves as a data storage and reporting tool, project management tool, dashboarding tool, and for the resourceful users, it even backs-up as an accounting and HRMS software.
Doesn’t matter if you are a fresher or a seasoned professional, getting deeper into Microsoft Excel can help you get more out of your work!
So, let us roll up our sleeves, dive in, and make a commitment to mastering the art of using MS Excel, one tool to rule them all.
To help you in selecting the best resource, we have curated a list of top 10 MS Excel courses which includes both paid and free listings.
List of 10 Best Excel Courses to From Beginner to Advanced Level
1. Microsoft Excel - Excel from Beginner to Advanced by Udemy (Paid Course)
This comprehensive course available on Udemy is outlined and addressed by Kyle Pew, who is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) having 15+ years of teaching experience.
It is exclusively designed for professionals and students who are interested in learning everything about MS excel right from the beginning.
Also, the best part about this course is that it covers training sessions on both fundamental and advanced MS Excel features, which are otherwise hard to find in one comprehensive kit.
Major concepts that you learn during the course includes - Excel functions, VLookup, conditional formatting, charts and graphs, pivot table, macros, editing a Macro with VBA, with examples of creating a gradebook, and a loan amortization schedule, etc.
● Lifetime course access.
● Based on Excel 2013 for Windows.
● Certificate of completion.
● 37 downloadable resources (allows downloading Excel project files used during video classes).
● Offers 4 in 1 MS Excel courses.
● Packed with quiz and exams.
Duration- 16 hours.
Average Rating- 4.6/5.
For some professions like Financial Analysts, proficiency in MS Excel is a prerequisite.
Keeping this in mind, the well-known institute - CFI (Corporate Finance Institute) brings you an MS Excel crash course.
The course is personalized for those who are into financial modeling, financial analysis or wish to start a career in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Investment banking, Corporate development, equity research, or any other finance-related industry.
● The course flows from the beginners level to advanced level.
● It is an amalgamation of the real investment banking training programs.
● It pays special emphasis on throwing lights on finance-specific formulas and functions.
● In the end, it comes with a course evaluation exam.
● To earn the FMVA®️ certificate, one must clear all the beginner to intermediate levels to the advanced level course.
Duration- 3.5 hrs.
Average Rating- 4/5.
3. Microsoft Excel - Basic & Advanced by GoSkills (Paid Course)
If you are looking for a course that starts with teaching the most fundamental functions of MS Excel and takes you to a level where you become an Excel ninja, the GoSkills’ Microsoft Excel - Basic & Advanced course will serve your purpose.
From basic sorting, filtering, and math functions to performing the what-if analysis and data validation options, this course will dive down deep into the oceans of MS Excel.
● The course is accredited by CPD.
● Packed with 52 lessons which are very productive and offers a solution to real-world problems.
● Bundles unlimited tests and quiz to make you feel confident.
● For those who have some prior knowledge of MS Excel, you can appear for a placement test to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
● The course is compatible with almost every version of Excel including 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010. Also, it is available for both Office 365 and Mac.
Duration - 26 hours (Self paced).
Average Rating - 3.8/5.
4. Microsoft Excel - Data Visualization, Excel Charts & Graphs by Udemy (Paid Course)
With years of work experience, most of the working professionals are well versed in the fundamental and basic excel techniques.
Thus, for such professionals, Udemy brings a course on excel which is specially designed for those who want to become veteran in data visualization, prepare graphs, and work fluently on excel charts.
● Covers excellent excel tips along with case studies to make the learning course easy.
● The instructor uses interactive patterns to deliver the course content.
● Special emphasis is given on MS excel tools like automated dashboards, dynamic formats, scrolling charts, comparisons between good bad and ugly data visualization, and chart formatting.
Duration- 4.5 hours.
Average Rating- 4.5/5 (based on 7,763 ratings).
5. Microsoft Excel for Data Analyst by GreyCampus (Paid Course)
For project managers, data analysts, and other professionals who are into strategic planning, MS Excel is a powerful weapon.
Despite the availability of tools like R, a lot of analytics professionals still rely on MS Excel.
Keeping in mind the profile of a data analyst, Grey Campus has designed this course and below are its unique propositions.
● It guides learners for effectively using advanced data sorting and filtering techniques.
● It minutely explains the ways for creating classified financial models, household budget maintenance, ad designing complex dashboards, etc.
● It focuses on the concept of “Export to Excel”, which BI, CRM, and other analytics product based companies tend to prefer.
Duration- 2 days (Instructor-Led Training).
Ratings- 4.8/5 (course is taken by 5k+ learners).
6. Excel Skills for Business Specialization by Coursera (Free to Enroll)
It is a complete 4-course specialization offered by Coursera in collaboration with Macquarie University.
The course is a well-performing course and offers a path to learn MS Excel right from the beginning.
There are 4 courses for different levels, included under this master MS Excel business specialization.
● It is an online course and gives ample time for beginners to learn the basics of MS Excel.
● The course takers can earn a skill of designing and using professional spreadsheets and dashboards, decode desired information from datasets, and outshine in quick data-oriented decisions.
● All examples and case studies are used keeping in mind the business contexts.
Duration - 6 months (requires 5 hours per week).
Average Rating - 4.8/5 (based on 14,464 ratings).
7. Excel for Business Professional Certificate from UPValenciaX by edX (Paid Course)
This master course by edX is offered by UPValenciaX and it is a true asset for those who wish to learn the basics of MS Excel and become an expert.
It has a direct angle for those who are starting their careers in business analytics.
● It is a self-paced course covering the fundamentals of excels and data management concepts.
● Suitable for professionals who are either into or aspiring to start a career as a sales executive, purchase executive, HR managers, marketing executives, etc.
● It also covers new Excel tools which are helpful in Big Data analysis.
Duration - 6 months (requires 3-5 hours of time every week)
Average Rating - 4.7/5
8. Beginner to Pro in Excel: Financial Modeling and Valuation by Udemy (Paid Course)
A career in finance and its related domains like investment banking, financial modeling, fund management, CASA, etc. requires excessive use of Excel in all day-to-day operations.
Keeping this in mind the niche, this unique proposition course in MS excel is a well-structured and detailed-oriented study pack for all finance-related students, executives, or professionals.
● It outlines all the uses of excel required in the banking and finance industries and also grooms your Excel skills to make you job-ready from day one.
● You can learn to create and analyze a complete Profit and Loss statement and calculate year-on-year percentage variations using MS excel.
Duration- 12 hours.
Average Rating- 4.5/5 (Based on 21,344 ratings).
9. Data Visualization with Advanced Excel - The PwC Approach Specialization at Coursera (Free to Enroll)
This course on advanced MS excel is a subset of Data Analysis and Presentation skills - The PwC Approach Specialization.
PwC is amidst the foremost professional services networks and a company aspired by many professionals.
With this course, you can expand the horizons of MS excel and learn some of the major concepts like how to use PowerPivot to build databases and data models.
● It leads you to efficiently use scenarios and simulation analysis in excel.
● It leverages leading built-in Excel tools like solver, data tables, scenario manager and goal seek, etc.
● It helps you to use robust DataViz techniques.
Duration- 11 hour.
Average Rating- 4.8/5.
10. Microsoft Excel 2013-Advanced Certification Training by Simplilearn (Paid Course)
Blended with advanced Excel training modules, this course helps you in preparing for the MOS Certification (official Microsoft Office Specialist certification).
With this course, in no time you can become a certified Microsoft Excel 2013 advanced professional, which could help you in your professional journey.
● Helps users with advanced excel concepts using MS Excel 2013 version.
● Designed especially for business professionals and financial experts.
Duration- Approximately 4.5 hours.
Average Rating- 4/5.
All the best!