- What is your understanding of MVC? Explain with a simple example?
- I am sure you know what is Spring MVC? Can you explain it?
- Explain Spring MVC Framework?
- What do you believe advices do in spring MVC?
- Have you heard about Bean wiring? Explain it to us?
- List few reasons why spring framework is needed?
- Explain Auto wiring as per your understanding?
- At a glance, give us the modes of auto wiring
- You have spoken about AOP Module before, define the AOP module to us?
- Does BeanFactory interface have anything to do with providing configuration framework?
- Briefly explain various methods of the bean life cycle?
- Define aspect?
- If we ask you to state two types of beans, which ones shall you list & explain them?
- Define weaving in one line?
- List various points wherein weaving can be applied?
- Define in simple words, what is DataAccessException?
- Can you explain what do you understand by a web module?
- Dependency Injection Interview Questions
- What is your understanding of Dependency Injection?
- Mention different types of dependency injections?
- Any particular reason why setter injection is called setter injection?
- Basic HR Interview Tips
- Popular Spring MVC books to read
- Popular Spring MVC Youtube channels to follow
- Popular Spring MVC blogs to follow
In this blog, we shall discuss some important,
Spring interview questions
Spring MVC interview questions & answers
We shall reflect upon important questions & answers you need to know to kick start your career in the best possible way in the field of Java. So let’s get reading!
Spring & Spring mvc interview questions
1) What is your understanding of MVC? Explain with a simple example?
Well, since the abbreviation states that MVP stands for model-view-controller, I feel it makes it easier to explain. MVP is the overall 360-degree model which provides an overview of designed principles in a form of separate layers. Each of these principles help in certain functionality.
If I want to explain it with simple example, imagine a store, wherein systematic arrangement of products can be termed as “model”, the whole detailed view of the store from an observer’s sight can be termed as “view” & finally when a manager looks up & finds the product you looking for can be termed as “controller”.
2) I am sure you know what is Spring MVC? Can you explain it?
Yes sure. Spring MVC is a principle shared controller which is effectively used on Inversion of control containers in handling inceptors & request type controllers from one shared controller instance.
3) Explain Spring MVC Framework?
According to me, Spring MVC framework is Model-View-Controller web architecture which is primarily used extensively in the development of various web components & applications which are loosely packed together.
4) What do you believe advices do in spring MVC?
If I have to put it in the simplest form, advice is simply making an application to learn a new trick. It’s simply an aspect which is executed in the right form.
5) Have you heard about Bean wiring? Explain it to us?
According to me, the easiest way to explain is to create a bridge between components of various applications & between beans of a specific spring container.
6) List few reasons why spring framework is needed?
Since I have always had a personal inclination towards frequent usage of spring framework, I feel there can be many reasons why spring framework should be needed. Let me list a few of them:
- A complete framework.
- Inversion of control
- Loosely coupled applications
- Configuration format easier to read & understand
- More Secure
- Robust & light container
7) Explain Auto wiring as per your understanding?
According to my understanding, auto wiring is simply a procedure to build tie-ups with different collaborating beans. If we look at spring containers, collaborators are resolved automatically for beans.
8) At a glance, give us the modes of auto wiring?
I would like to be precise with my answer, so initially, I must state that autowiring has 5 different modes, namely;
- No: null auto wiring
- byname: Uses property name
- byType: uses property type
- constructor: uses property type which is in the constructor
- autodetect: Spring is authorized to select auto wiring.
9) You have spoken about AOP Module before, define the AOP module to us?
Well, the AOP module is important for a Spring MVP framework. This module is used to support vast Metaprogramming in spring. It also helps in aspect creation for various spring applications.
10) Does BeanFactory interface have anything to do with providing configuration framework?
Of course, it has. BeanFactory interface is primarily used to provide configuration framework to provide base ground for basic functionality & help in object creation.
11) Briefly explain various methods of the bean life cycle?
It is quite safe to state that bean life cycle has only two methods;
Setup is simply the process wherein a bean is initially loaded in a container.
Teardown is the exact opposite, wherein a bean is unloaded from the container.
12) Define aspect?
Aspect simply acts as a cross-cutting functionality within an application that can be used in AOP. Logging & aspect is the same thing & is required throughout the whole application.
13) If we ask you to state two types of beans, which ones shall you list & explain them?
I would like to list the most important beans of the application,
- Singleton bean
- Prototype bean
However, I would try to explain them in the simplest form.
When a single object instance is assigned per single string inversion of control container, it’s known as a singleton bean. Whereas whenever “n” number of object instances are assigned to a single string inversion of control container, it’s known as prototype bean.
14) Define weaving in one line?
Weaving is a fresh proxy creation attribute which uses aspect application to target objects.
15) List various points wherein weaving can be applied?
Here is a list of few points where weaving can be applied:
- Class load time
16) Define in simple words, what is DataAccessException?
Data Access Exception is simply described as a unchecked or runtime exception. This exception can usually occur within a application.
17) Can you explain what do you understand by a web module?
According to me, the web module is simply the module which enables the creator to create a web application without even using XML.
It’s important to also know about Dependency injection to ace your interview, here are some important dependency injection related interview questions:
Dependency Injection Interview Questions:
18) What is your understanding of Dependency Injection?
Dependency Injection is a designed software pattern that efficiently uses IOC to resolve various visible dependencies. Injection is a sort of transfer medium of passing various dependencies to the target object. DI helps objects in an application to define their dependencies.
19) Mention different types of dependency injections?
Different types of dependency injections are as follows:
- Setter Injections
- Constructor Injections
- Interface Injection
However, it is notable that amongst all three only first two are used in spring framework.
20) Any particular reason why setter injection is called setter injection?
As far as I think, Setter Injection is a simple & most common way of injecting dependent objects into various clients using the simple setter method. In this method, the IOC container calls no argument constructor & after that calls the setter. Hence because of usage of this method, Setter injection is called setter injection.
Basic HR Interview Tips
Make sure you research well about the subject & company before applying for a job. Have a clear idea about what you are saying & hold a command on whatever you speak.
Be responsive & sharp
Know that you are not the only candidate who applied for a job in the firm, it’s important that you value that & respond to questions swiftly & keep the answers crisp & confident.
Be punctual & dress professionally
Being late is a big NO! This may reflect poorly on your attitude towards work & can have negative repercussions. Similarly, a professional dressing sense can create a positive impression & help in boosting your confidence.
Also Read: Interview dress code for males & females