- General GD topics for MBA placements (with answers)
- 20 Latest GD topics for MBA placements
- 5 Unusual GD topics that will get you thinking
- 10 GD topics previously asked by esteemed B-schools
The Group Discussion (GD) round is a crucial aspect of a jobseeker's journey through interviews.
Many companies shortlist candidates basis their performance in group discussions, as it helps them gauge their ability to speak in large groups of people and be heard.
Given that you won't be alone in this round, we suggest you prepare for potential topics to answer without second thoughts.
So, here are 100+ GD topics for MBA placements to help you take the first step towards getting your dream job!
General GD topics for MBA placements (with answers)
Here are 60 GD topics helpful for MBA placements linked to their sample answers
- Beurocracy is a hurdle to economic reforms in India
- Should the rich and wealthy in India be taxed more?
- Digital payments are secure and India is ready to go 100% cashless
- Chinese goods are a threat to Indian businessmen and economy
- Modi’s ‘Make in India’ campaign is better than the old ‘Made in India’ campaign
- Demonetization is a successful and effective move
- Govt. can easily control rising petrol prices
- Superintelligence and Artificial Intelligence: Is it a boon or bane?
- Caste-based reservation must be replaced with economic status and education of parents
- Is GST a ‘one nation’, ‘one tax’ reform?
- Prenatal sex determination is a heinous crime
- Indian adolescents need proper sexual education and reproductive health awareness
- Delhi needs to revise air and vehicular pollution laws
- Criminals above 16 years of age should be given equal punishment as adults
- Should tobacco be banned in India?
- India has inadequate immunization coverage
- Overharvesting groundwater in cities has led to water shortage in villages
- India is still a backward nation
- Child marriage is still a rampant practice
- India’s water pollution situation as a time bomb waiting to explode.
- Khap panchayat is a modern day evil
- Gender discrimination and child mortality are common in all strata of Indian society
- Mental illness is more commonplace in urban India, as compared to rural
- The urbane bias towards junk food is leading to increase in cases of Anemia
- Fluency in English language is crucial for everyone
- The charges on ATM withdrawals are justified
- The demonetization affected common people more than black money holders
- Is India the most corrupt country in the world?
- Privatizing the Indian agriculture sector will meet marketing and distribution gaps
- NRIs do not invest in India because of bureaucratic hurdles
- Will the great Indian real estate bubble burst soon?
- Should the rich and wealthy in India be taxed more?
- Should the practice of Yoga be made compulsory in schools?
- Increasing the number of Engineering Colleges is a welcome step
- Does dress code really matter at educational institutions?
- Compulsory attendance is a must in Indian schools and colleges
- How safe are our kids in Indian schools?
- Govt. should divert more funds towards primary education
- Politicians can control government school dropout crisis
- Should Government intervention in Indian education system be allowed?
- Mobile phones should not be allowed in Indian schools/colleges
- A corrupt, efficient politician is better than a truthful but highly inefficient one
- NOTA votes should be made valid
- Indian politics is the reason behind the country’s backwardness
- Indian election has nothing to do with good governance today
- Political parties should not give tickets to contestants with criminal records
- India needs a bi-party system like the US
- Parliamentary rule is better than presidential rule
- Economic prosperity is taking its toll on Indian marriages with divorce rates shooting up
- Indian states are poorer than African nations
- Is it okay to have English as the official language of India?
- Love marriage is better than an arranged marriage
- Joint family is better than a nuclear family
- Social media is killing creativity
- A borderless world is practically impossible
- Corruption is a necessary evil
- UN plays an important role in global peacekeeping
- The quota system should be completely removed
- There is a serious lack of work-life balance these days
- Beef ban makes sense in a country like India
20 Latest GD topics for MBA placements
- Gig economy in the post-pandemic world can change our economic scenarios
- Is globalization a boon or threat?
- Crypto currency is just a fad!
- E-commerce discounts are harming the nation's economy
- The farmers protest is a new wave of revolution in India
- Is RCEP agreement the right step for national interest?
- Can privatisation of railways lead to the destruction of Indian economy?
- Does Artifical Intelligence mean more unemployment for Indian workers?
- Does the Facebook-Reliance merger mean growth in business for India?
- Banning Chinese apps was a successful move for our nation
- Is the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) beneficial for a country like India?
- 'Fair & Lovely' becoming 'Glow & Lovely' is a victory against colorism
- Instagram reels have successfully replaced Tiktok
- The lockdown has made working from home in the long run a possibilty
- Which is a better way of counting votes: EVM or paper ballots?
- Is making the linking of Aadhar card mandatory a good idea?
- Social activism is the key to new-age discourse
- Fake news endangers the very fibre of social media
- Higher salary or worklife balance?
- The revocation of the special status of Jammu & Kashmir may have a unfavourable effect on the people living there
5 Unusual GD topics that will get you thinking
- Red is red, blue is blue and never the two shall meet
- Patience is a virtue in business management
- Change is the only constant
- Would you rather be: Popular or Relevant
- Brevity is the soul of wit!
10 GD topics previously asked by esteemed B-schools
- Poverty in India: Facts, Causes, Effects, Solution
- Performance & Policies of Modi Regime
- Agriculture Role in India and Subsidies: Problems & Challenges
- Women Empowerment & Gender Justice: Addressing the Equality Challenges
- End of Globalization/ De-Globalization/ Nationalization
- Me too campaign -- IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Calcutta,
- Shortage of Open Spaces and Playgrounds Lead to Negative Tendencies in Children
- Knowledge is the biggest asset you can accumulate
- Climate Change/Pollution (IIM Bangalore, IIM Trichy, TISS Mumbai)
- Retirement Homes: Do advantages of living in them outweigh the disadvantages? (TAPMI, IIM Indore)
We hope you will be able to prepare for your upcoming group discussion rounds with these 100+ GD topics and do well in your MBA placements.